The SB6141 Cable Modem has a Graphical User Interface (GUI) menu which includes modem statistics, current connection status, and system logs. This document describes how to access the GUI.
To Access the GUI
: If the SB6141 is connected to a router, it is recommended to disconnect the router and connect the SB6141 directly to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box. The Status page will appear.
Here is a brief description of each page in the SB6141 menu:
- Status - Provides information about the startup process of the Cable Modem.
- Signal - Provides information about the connection between the Cable Modem and the cable company.
- Connect - Provide information about the status of the cable modem's HFC and IP network connectivity.
- Addresses - Provides information about the network connection between the Cable Modem and the computer. Also provides details
about the connection between the Cable Modem and the cable company's computer systems.
- Configuration - Provides information about the manually configurable setting of the Cable Modem.
- Logs - Provides diagnostic messages generated by the Cable Modem, which is intended for use by a qualified technician.
- Open Source - Provides information to comply with open source licensing requirements.
- Help - Provides information on how to troubleshoot the Cable Modem.