In some cases, the SBG10 may need to be reset to its factory default state and clear all of the previous settings. If the login for the Web Manager is unsuccessful, the only option is to perform a factory reset. The Factory Reset can be performed by pressing the reset button on the device or through the Web Manager. This document describes how to reset the SBG10 to factory default settings by pressing the reset button on the device or through the Web Manager.
CAUTION: This process will clear all configurations and should be use as the last resort. Performing a Factory Reset will erase any configuration changes that have been made and will require the gateway to be reconfigured.
Factory Reset with the Reset button
Factory Reset in the Web ManagerFactory Reset With the Reset Button
Before performing factory reset, remove the SBG10 gateway from the SURFboard Central app if the app was used for setup. For detail steps, refer to article # 18757 - SURFboard Central: Add/Remove Device. The factory reset will disassociate the gateway from the SURFboard Central app and erase all settings. It is recommended to use the SURFboard Central App to configure the SBG10 home network quickly and easily. For assistance with setup, refer to article # 18840 - SURFboard Central: Wi-Fi Cable Modem Setup.
Factory Reset in the Web Manager
- Carefully insert the tip of a pen or the end of an unwound paperclip into the reset button located on the back of the device.
- Press and hold down the Reset button for 10 seconds and then release it.
Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
On the Login page, enter admin in the User Name field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: When using the default password to login, it may be required to set a unique password to proceed to the Web Manager. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18249 – SBG10: Web Manager Access.
Click the Apply button. The System Basic Setup page will appear.
- On the System Basic Setup page, click the Utilities link on the top menu. The System Information page will appear.
- On the System Information page, click the Factory Defaults link on the left-hand menu. The Factory Defaults page will appear.
- On the Factory Defaults page, click the Factory Defaults button. The system pop-up window will appear.
- Click the OK button on the system pop-up window. The Factory Default page will refresh.