The Backup and Restore feature in the SBG6580-2 allows users to save and restore the configuration settings locally on a computer. This document contains the following sections:
Backup Configuration in the SBG6580-2
Restore Backup Configuration in the SBG6580-2
- Launch a Firefox or Safari browser. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.
NOTE: A browser message on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera, may appear when accessing the Web Manager. The message includes 192.168.01 uses an unsupported protocol and ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. The Web Manager uses an earlier version of the TLS protocol and does not match the version allowed by the web browser. Safari browsers on Apple PC and mobile devices are not impacted. The workaround to access the Web Manager with a PC is to use the Firefox browser and set the TLS version to 1. For workaround instructions refer to article # 19435 - 192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to bypass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6580-2, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom white label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18752 – SBG6580-2: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse cursor over Basic on the main menu and click the Backup and Restore link on the sub-menu. The Basic - Backup and Restore page will appear.
- Click the Backup button on the Basic - Backup and Restore page. The system pop-up window will appear.
- Click the OK button on the system pop-up window.
- Click the pull-down menu and select Save as on the File Download dialog. The Save As window will appear.
- On the Save As window, select a location to save the backup file. The Downloads folder is selected in this example.
- Enter a name of the backup file in the File name field.
- Click the Save button.
- On the Home page, move the mouse cursor over Basic on the top menu and click the Backup and Restore link on the sub-menu. The Basic - Backup and Restore page will appear.
- On the Basic - Backup and Restore Settings page, click the Browse... button. The system window will appear.
- On the system window, Select the location of the saved backup file. The Downloads folder is selected in this example.
- Select the backup file and click the Open button.
- Click the Restore button on the Basic-Backup and Restore page. The system pop-up window will appear.
- Click the OK button to reboot the router on the system pop-up window.
- Next, the following message will appear (below). After waiting 3 minutes, click the RELOAD link to go back to the Login page.