The SBG6580-2 default Wi-Fi credentials, wireless name, and security password are listed on a sticker on the back of the device. The wireless name, also known as SSID (Service Set Identification), is a uniquely identified wireless network. The wireless password, also known as the wireless security key, encryption key, or passphrase, allows wireless clients, such as smartphones and laptops, to join the secured wireless network. If the Wi-Fi Name and password are changed, they can be retrieved by logging into the Web Manager of the SBG6580-2.
This document contains the following sections:
Wi-Fi Name and Password on the SBG6580-2
Wi-Fi Name and Password in the Web Manager
- Turn the gateway over with the bottom facing up.
- Locate the Wi-Fi name next to SSID and the Wi-Fi password next to Wi-Fi SECURITY KEY.
- Launch a Firefox or Safari browser. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.
NOTE: A browser message on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera, may appear when accessing the Web Manager. The message includes 192.168.01 uses an unsupported protocol and ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. The Web Manager uses an earlier version of the TLS protocol and does not match the version allowed by the web browser. Safari browsers on Apple PC and mobile devices are not impacted. The workaround to access the Web Manager with a PC is to use the Firefox browser and set the TLS version to 1. For workaround instructions refer to article # 19435 - 192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to bypass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6580-2, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom while label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18752 – SBG6580-2: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse cursor over Wireless on the main menu and click the Primary Network Settings link on the sub-menu. The Wireless - Primary Network Settings page will appear.
- Locate the Wi-Fi Name next to Network Name (SSID) and the Wi-Fi password next to Passphrase.
NOTE: It is recommended to write down the Wi-Fi information on a piece of paper for future reference.