In some cases the SBG6580 gateway
may need to be reset to its factory default state, and clear all of the previous settings. The gateway can be reset back to the factory default by logging in the web interface
. This document describes how to reset the SBG6580 to factory defaults within the GUI (Graphical User Interface)
This process will clear all configurations and should be use as the last resort. Performing a Factory Reset
will erase any configuration changes that have been made and requires the gateway to be reconfigured for Internet access. NOTE:
Resetting the cable modem may take 5 to 30 minutes.
Factory Reset in the Web Interface
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page appears.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- On the Login page:
a. Enter admin in the Username field.
b. Enter motorola in the Password field.
c. Click the Login button. The Home page appears.
NOTE: On firmware version 18.104.22.168 and later, the default admin password is required to be changed. The Change User Password prompt will immediately appear after logging into the Web manager with the default admin password. For assistance with the Change User Password screen, please refer to article # 18055 - SBG6580 (v.8.9.x): Prompt to Change Default Admin Login.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Status on the top menu, and select Security. The Status - Security page appears.
- On the Status - Security page:
a. Restore Factory Defaults - Select Yes, to factory default the gateway.
b. Click the Apply button.
NOTE: A small window may appear with the following message: This action will restore factory default settings. Please reboot the modem for new settings to take effect. If this message appears, click the OK button.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Status on the top menu, and select Configuration. The Status - Security page appears.
- On the Status - Configuration page, click the Reboot button.