The Web Manager is used for customizing the home network and monitoring the operation status of the SBG6700-AC gateway. If the default admin login password has not been customized after a factory reset the login credentials are admin (username) and the Wi-Fi Security Key printed on the bottom white label (password). This document contains the following sections:
Retrieve the Default Wi-Fi Password on the Label
Web Manager Access
- Turn the SBG6700-AC over with the bottom facing up to view the label.
- Locate the Wi-Fi password under Wi-Fi Security Key.
Failed Login Attempts
- Launch a Firefox or Safari browser. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.
NOTE: A browser message on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera, may appear when accessing the Web Manager. The message includes 192.168.01 uses an unsupported protocol and ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. The Web Manager uses an earlier version of the TLS protocol and does not match the version allowed by the web browser. Safari browsers on Apple PC and mobile devices are not impacted. The workaround to access the Web Manager with a PC is to use the Firefox browser and set the TLS version to 1. For workaround instructions refer to article # 19435 - 192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to bypass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password or the Wi-Fi Security Key printed on the bottom white label in the Password field then click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
The following message appears when the incorrect password is used for login. "Access has timed out due to invalid login attempts, Please try again after 5 min".
- Enter the correct username and password to log in.
- When the login attempts continue to fail, factory reset the SBG6700-AC to log in with the admin (username) and the Wi-Fi Security Key printed on the bottom white label (password). For assistance with a factory reset, refer to article # 9858 - SBG6700-AC (v8.6.x): Factory Reset.