The front panel LED lights on the SBG6782-AC, with the exception of the Power LED light, can be turned off in the Web Manager tool. When the LED lights on the front panel are on, the Receive and Send LED lights can be changed from solid Blue to Green so that all of the lights are the same color. The Blue light indicates bonded channels for high-speed Internet connection and the Green light indicates single channel Internet connection This document describes how to turn off the front panel LED lights on the SBG6782-AC.
Turn Off Front Panel LED Lights
- Launch a Firefox or Safari browser. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.
NOTE: A browser message on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera, may appear when accessing the Web Manager. The message includes 192.168.01 uses an unsupported protocol and ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. The Web Manager uses an earlier version of the TLS protocol and does not match the version allowed by the web browser. Safari browsers on Apple PC and mobile devices are not impacted. The workaround to access the Web Manager with a PC is to use the Firefox browser and set the TLS version to 1. For workaround instructions refer to article # 19435 - 192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to bypass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter motorola or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6782-AC, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom white label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18755 – SBG6782-AC: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse cursor over Basic on the main menu and click the LED Control link on the sub-menu. The Basic - LED Control page will appear.
- On the Basic - LED Control page, click the Turn off front panel LEDs except power LED drop-down menu and select Enable.
NOTE 1: Changes take effect immediately.
NOTE 2: The Receive and Send blue LED can be independently set to disable by clicking the drop-down menu and selecting Disable. When disabled the blue LED will turn green. If the Turn off front panel LEDs except power LED option is set as Enable the option to disable the Receive and Send LED is not applicable.
- Click the Apply button.