Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) allows the SBG6782-AC to share the 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency bands with radar systems without causing interference. Radar systems are used mainly at airports, weather stations, and other government locations. DFS is enabled in the SBG6782-AC by default to monitor the 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency bands. If radar system frequencies are detected on the current 5 GHz Wi-Fi frequency band the SBG6782-AC will switch to another channel automatically to prevent interference. Client devices may disconnect and reconnect when switching DFS channels and finding non-DFS channels to connect to.
When DFS is enabled, Wi-Fi performance may improve as there is less interference on the new 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency bands. With channel 144 selected for use, Wi-Fi client devices may not be able to connect to that channel. There are limitations in many Wi-Fi client devices as they may not support DFS or channel 144; therefore, it is recommended to disable DFS. This document describes how to disable DFS. Disable DFS
- Launch a Firefox or Safari browser. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.
NOTE: A browser message on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera, may appear when accessing the Web Manager. The message includes 192.168.01 uses an unsupported protocol and ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. The Web Manager uses an earlier version of the TLS protocol and does not match the version allowed by the web browser. Safari browsers on Apple PC and mobile devices are not impacted. The workaround to access the Web Manager with a PC is to use the Firefox browser and set the TLS version to 1. For workaround instructions refer to article # 19435 - 192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to bypass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6782-AC, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom white label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18755 – SBG6782-AC: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse cursor over Wireless on the main menu and click the Advanced link on the sub-menu. The Wireless - Advanced page will appear.
- On the Wireless - Advance page, click the 5GHz tab.
- Second to the last from the bottom, click the Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) drop-down menu and select Disabled.
- Click the Apply button. Changes take effect immediately.
NOTE: Wi-Fi clients in the network will disconnect from the Wi-Fi and reconnect.