When logging into the Web Manager of the SBG6782-AC with the default username and password, the Alert!! message box will appear. The Alert!! message box contains two messages. The first message advises that the current login is using the default settings, ARRIS recommends changing the default username and password for network security.
The second message advises that the SBG6782-AC supports a Wi-Fi Band Steering feature. Band Steering technology will detect if a Wi-Fi client has dual-band capabilities and will send the Wi-Fi client to the 5 GHz bands if the 2.4 GHz band becomes overcrowded. (If the 5 GHz band gets crowded, the Band Steering function can also move a 5 GHz client to the 2.4 GHz band.)
This document describes what is the Alert message box.
Alert Message Box
- Launch a Firefox or Safari browser. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.
NOTE: A browser message on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera, may appear when accessing the Web Manager. The message includes 192.168.01 uses an unsupported protocol and ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. The Web Manager uses an earlier version of the TLS protocol and does not match the version allowed by the web browser. Safari browsers on Apple PC and mobile devices are not impacted. The workaround to access the Web Manager with a PC is to use the Firefox browser and set the TLS version to 1. For workaround instructions refer to article # 19435 - 192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to bypass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter motorola or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6782-AC, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom white label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18755 – SBG6782-AC: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Alert Message box will appear.
- On the Alert Message box:
- If desired to change to the default login username and password now, click the first Click Here link.
NOTE: For instructions on changing the default admin login, please refer to Article # 17023 - SBG6782 (v8.4.x): Admin Login Setup.
- If desired to modify Band Steering options now, click the second Click Here link.
NOTE: For instructions on Band Steering Setup, please refer to Article # 17023 - SBG6782-AC (v1.5.x): Band Steering Setup.
- Check the Do not show this window again box, if desired for this window to not appear again.
- Click the Close button to close the box. The Home page will appear.