The SBG7400AC2 default Wi-Fi credentials, wireless name and security password, are listed on a sticker on the side and bottom of the device. The wireless name, also known as SSID (Service Set Identification), is a uniquely identified wireless network. The pre-shared key, also known as the wireless security key, encryption key or passphrase, is a password which allows wireless clients, such as smart phones and laptops, to join the secured wireless network. The SBG7400AC2 broadcasts two default wireless network independently over the 2.4 and 5 GHz radio bands with an identical Wi-Fi password. This document describes changing the default wireless name and password using the Basic Setup page in the SBG7400AC2.
CAUTION: When changing the wireless name and password, all wireless devices on the network will lose their wireless connection. The wireless devices will need to be reconnected to the new wireless network name with the new wireless password.
To Change the Default Wi-Fi Name and Password
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the User Name field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: When using the default password to login, it may be required to set a unique password to proceed to the Web Manager. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18345 – SBG7400AC2: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Apply button. The System Basic Setup page will appear.
- On the System Basic Setup page, under the Wireless 2.4 GHz section, enter a new wireless network name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) field. The name needs to be 1 to 32 alphanumeric characters long.
- Enter a new wireless password in the Wi-Fi Security Key field. The Wi-Fi security key needs to be 8 to 64 characters long.
NOTE: Repeat step 5 - 6 for changing the Wi-Fi credentials under the Wireless 5 GHz section.
- Click the Apply button. The System Basic Setup page will refresh.