The SBG7400AC2 Quick Start Wizard is an application that allows the user to customize the default Wi-Fi and admin login credentials. This document describes how to customize the Wi-Fi name and security key, and admin login password using the Quick Start Wizard in the SBG7400AC2.
Quick Start Wizard
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the User Name field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: When using the default password to login, it may be required to set a unique password to proceed to the Web Manager. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18345 – SBG7400AC2: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Apply button. The System Basic Setup page will appear.
- On the System Basic Setup page, click the Quick Start Wizard link on the left-hand menu. The Quick Start Wizard begins.
- Click the Next button on the Welcome page. The Wi-Fi Network Name & Passphrase page will appear.
- On the Wi-Fi Network Name & Passphrase page, enter a new wireless network name in the Network Name (SSID) field. The name can use any combination of letters (lower case and uppercase), numbers, and or special characters (symbols) up to a maximum of 32 characters.
- Enter a new wireless password in the Passphrase / Wi-Fi Security Key field. The passphrase needs to be 8 to 64 characters long.
- Click the Next button. The 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Networks page will appear.
- On the 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Networks page, click the Next button. The Wi-Fi Security Configuration page will appear.
NOTE: Click the Prev button to modify the Wi-Fi names and password.
- On the Wi-Fi Security Configuration page, click the Next button. The User Security Configuration page will appear.
NOTE: It is not required to change the admin password in order to change the default Wi-Fi credentials. It is recommended to change the default admin login password; check the options to make changes.
- On the User Security Configuration page, check the Change Password box, then enter the current password in the Enter Current Password field.
- Enter a new password in the Enter New Password field.
- Re-enter the new password in the Re-Enter New Password field.
- Click the Next button. The Review Settings page will appear.
NOTE: The new password will take effect when the Web Manager is logged out.
- On the Review Settings page, review the Wi-Fi credentials and then click the Apply button to save the settings. The Setting Appliedpage will appear.
NOTE: It may take up to one minute to complete.
- On the Setting Applied page, write down the new Wi-Fi Credentials or press the Print button to print the Wi-Fi credentials. Click the Exit button when finish.