The SBG8300 gateway's default IP address 192.168.0.1 is used for accessing the Web Manager, and the DHCP server assigns private IP addresses (192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254) to client devices in the home network. The gateway's IP address can be customized to match the previous IP address scheme of the home network. When the gateway IP address is changed, the DHCP server assigns the new private IP addresses to the client devices in the home network. This document describes how to change the Gateway's IP Address.
Change Gateway's IP Address
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The https:// Redirect page will appear.
- The SURFboard Web Manager is begin redirected to a more secure connection, click the Proceed button to continue. The Gateway > Login page will appear.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE: The Home Network Wizard will appear if this is the first time accessing the Web Manager. For assistance with the wizard, refer to article # 17969 - SBG8300: Web Manager First Time Login.
- Enter admin in the Username field and enter the custom password in the Password field.
NOTE: If the Login page prompts for email address and password. Log into the Web Manager with the email and password used when setting up the SURFboard Manager app with the SBG8300.
- Click the Login button. The Gateway > Summary page will appear.
- On the left-hand menu, click the Connection link. Then from the sub-menu click Local IP Network. Click IPv4 from the following sub-menu. The Gateway > Connection > Local IP Network > IPv4 page will appear. On this screen, the default gateway IP address 192.168.0.1 is shown.
- On the Gateway > Connection > Local IP Network > IPv4 page, the first three numbers of the new IP address can be inputted in the Gateway Address field. The last number is always set to 1 (192.168.50.1) and cannot be changed. In this example, 192.168.50.1 is used.
NOTE: The gateway IP address must be a private IP address within the following ranges.
- 10.0.0.1 - 10.254.254.1
- 172.16.0.1 - 172.31.254.1
- 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.254.1
- Leave the Subnet Mask at default (255.255.255.0).
- Leave the DHCP fields at default unless custom configurations need to be set.
- Keep Enable DNS Relay checked.
- Leave the LAN DNS at default (Obtained automatically).
- Enter the four-digit CAPTCHA code in the the Type CAPTCHA Here box.
- Click Save Settings when finished.