The SBR-AC1200P is a wireless router that provides secure high-speed Internet connectivity to the wired or wireless network devices on the home or small business network. It is compatible with Cable, DSL, and FIOS service.
When installing the SBR-AC1200P to a Wi-Fi cable modem, the Wi-Fi cable modem will then need to be setup as a pass through device by disabling routing, wireless, and firewall features to allow the SBR-AC1200P to be the primary Wi-Fi router and firewall. This will allow the SBR-AC1200P to handle the connection to the Internet. Please contact the manufacturer to determine how to configure the Wi-Fi cable modem as a pass through device.
This document contains the following sections:
CAUTION: To better secure your network, ARRIS recommends to change the default admin user name & password and the default wireless password immediately after connecting to the Internet.
Verify that the following items were included with the ARRIS SBR-AC1200P wireless router. The SBR-AC1200P, power supply and Ethernet cable are necessary to perform the installation.
- Active cable Internet service
- Cable Modem or Wi-Fi Cable Modem
- Consult with the service provider to configure the modem device as a pass through modem.
NOTE: If the Wi-Fi cable modem is not setup as a pass through modem, the SBR-AC1200P's firewall, port forwarding, and DMZ features may not function properly.
NOTE: The warranty card and quick start guide are available for download at http://www.arris.com/consumer.
- Wi-Fi Router
- Power Cable
- Wireless Installation Guide
- Ethernet Cable
- End User License Agreement
- Open a web browser on the computer (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox. or Safari).
- Enter the address http://www.surfboard.com in the address bar and press the Enter key.
NOTE: If the Internet is not accessible, please contact the service provider to setup Internet service.
- Unplug Cable Modem or Wi-Fi Cable Modem from electrical outlet.
NOTE: If there is a back-up battery in the modem, remove it temporarily.
- Disconnect all Ethernet cables from the Cable Modem or Wi-Fi Cable Modem.
- Connect the blue Ethernet cable (included) to the Ethernet port on the rear of the Cable Modem or Wi-Fi Cable Modem.
- Connect the other end of the blue Ethernet cable to the blue WAN port on the rear of the SBR-AC1200P.
- Power on Cable Modem or Wireless Cable Modem by plugging the power cord to the electrical wall outlet.
NOTE: Re-add battery back-up if it was removed prior.
- Check for Online LED on the Cable Modem or Wireless Cable Modem for Internet connectivity after 30 seconds.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the SBR-AC1200P and plug it to an available electrical wall outlet. Allow 30 seconds for the Front Panel Primary LED to become solid green.
NOTE 1: If the Front Panel Primary LED is flashing green make sure both ends of the blue Ethernet cable is securely connected between SBR-AC1200P and Cable Modem device or try using another Ethernet cable.
NOTE 2: If the Front Panel Primary LED is flashing green, a factory reset will be needed on the Cable modem device. Check for Online LED on the Cable modem for Internet connectivity, then power cycle the SBR-AC1200P.
|Front Panel Primary LED |
|Solid green||Wi-Fi router is connected to the|
|Flashing green||No connection to the Internet or the|
|Flashing red||Start-up mode, or error|
- Connect a Ethernet cable from one of the four white Ethernet ports on the rear of the SBR-AC1200P to the Ethernet port of a laptop or desktop. For wireless devices, establish to open wireless network list and connect to SURFboard-XXXX (see SSID number listed on the router label).
- To test Internet connection, launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter www.surfboard.com into the address box and press the Enter key. The ARRIS website should open.