The SBR-AC1750 is a wireless router that provides secure high-speed Internet connectivity to a wired or wireless network devices in the home or small business network. It is also compatible with Cable, DSL/U-verse, and FIOS service.
FiOS service operates over a fiber-optic communication network. Some FiOS setups will use an Ethernet cable for data and coaxial cable for video, while others may use the Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) protocol for both data and video over a single coaxial cable.
This document contains the following sections:
: To better secure your network, ARRIS recommends to change the default Admin user name & password and the default wireless password immediately after connecting to the Internet.Requirements
- Active FiOS Internet service
- Ethernet cable Internet connection
NOTE: Consult with the service provider to see if the SBR-AC1750 is suitable for usage.
Before the Installation
Verify that the following items were included with the ARRIS SBR-AC1750 wireless router. The SBR-AC1750, power supply and Ethernet cable are necessary to perform the installation.
NOTE: The quick start guide and warranty card can be downloaded from www.arris.com/consumers.
Testing Internet Connection
- Without disconnecting the existing network, power on a computer.
- Open a web browser on the computer (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox. or Safari).
- Enter the address http://www.surfboard.com in the address bar and press the Enter key.
NOTE: If the Internet is not accessible, please contact the service provider to setup Internet service.
Install the SBR-AC1750 on FiOS Service
- Disconnect the existing Ethernet cable with Internet connectivity and connect the blue Ethernet cable (included) to the Ethernet port of the ONT or Ethernet wall outlet.
NOTE: The existing Ethernet cable with Internet connectivity can be used instead of the blue Ethernet cable to connect to the SBR-AC1750.
- Connect the other end of the blue Ethernet cable to the blue WAN port on the rear of the SBR-AC1750.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the SBR-AC1750 and plug it to an available electrical wall outlet.
- After 30 seconds, verify the WAN LED on the SBR-AC1750 is solid green for Internet connectivity.
NOTE 1: If WAN LED is off make sure both ends of the blue Ethernet cable is securely connected between SBR-AC1750 and ONT or try using another Ethernet cable.
NOTE 2: If WAN LED is blinking, power cycle the SBR-AC1750. If the WAN LED continues to blink contact the service provider to troubleshoot the Internet connection.
- Connect a Ethernet cable from one of the four white Ethernet ports on the rear of the SBR-AC1750 to the Ethernet port of a laptop or desktop. For wireless devices, establish to open wireless network list and connect to SURFboard-XXXX (see SSID number listed on the router label).
- To test Internet connection launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter www.surfboard.com into the address box, and press the Enter key. The ARRIS website should open.