NOTE: This article applies to the SURFboard Wi-Fi Cable Modems (G34, G36, G54).
The gateway operates as Wi-Fi cable modem and provides Internet access to devices (up to 253 devices) in the home network. Setting the gateway in Bridge mode disables the router and wireless functions and will operate as a cable modem. A device directly connected to the gateway with an Ethernet cable will receive the Public IP address from the Cable Provider for Internet access.
This document contains the following sections:
Enabling Bridge Mode
- SURFboard Gateway with active Internet service.
- SURFboard Central app downloaded on to mobile device and setup with the Gateway.
- Installation of Wi-Fi router to provide Internet access to multiple devices in the home network.
Disabling Bridge Mode
- Tap the My Network icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Network Settings + button to expand the card, then tap the General Settings link.
- Swipe the Bridge Mode slider to the right.
- On the Alert pop-up box, tap the OK button. The SBC app will disconnect from the gateway.
- The changes are taking effect and the gateway will reboot to complete bridge mode setup.
- A device directly connected to the gateway with an Ethernet cable will receive the Public IP address from the Cable Provider for Internet access.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari from a client device connected to the router. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The https:// Redirect page will appear.
NOTE: If the https://Redirect page does not load, connect a client device directly to the G34/G36 with an Ethernet cable.
- The SURFboard Web Manager is begin redirected to a more secure connection, click the Proceed button to continue. The Login page will appear.
- A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to bypass the alert screen, refer to article 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- Enter the email address used to set up the app in the Username field, then enter the password from the app in the Password field.
NOTE: Retrieve the email address and password in the app to sign-in. For detail instructions in the app, refer to article 19069 - SURFboard Central: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Gateway > Summary page will appear.
- Click the Disable button for the Bridge Mode option. The Warning pop-up window will appear.
- Click the OK button on the Warning pop-up window. Changes will take effect and the gateway will reboot.
- Allow a few minutes for the gateway to turn on the router functionality and enable the Wi-Fi.
- Connect the mobile device with the app to the gateway's Wi-Fi network to re-connect the app.