When launched, the ARRIS SURFboard Manager App will prompt for the admin username and password of supported SURFboard products. The default username is “admin” and the password is “password” on the SURFboard product. Changes made in the SURFboard Manger App will automatically be pushed to the SURFboard product.
NOTE: For network security purposes, ARRIS recommends to change the default admin password after logging on for the first time.
This document describes how to change the default admin password from the ARRIS SURFboard Manager.
Changing The Default Admin Password
- Tap the ARRIS SURFboard Manager Icon. The Login screen will appear.
- On the Login screen, enter admin in the Username field and password in the Password field.
NOTE: If the default login credentials were previously changed please enter custom credentials. If you forgot your customized login credentials you must perform a factory reset by pressing the reset button for more than 10 seconds on the SURFboard product. This will reset all customized settings.
- Tap the Login button. The SURFboard home screen will appear.
- On the SURFboard home screen, tap the Menu icon on the top-left corner. The sliding menu will appear.
- On the sliding menu, tap on Settings. The SETTINGS screen will appear..
- On the Settings screen, tap the Change password button. The Management Password screen will appear.
- Tap on the drop-down arrow for SELECT TYPE. Select Change Password then tap on Done.
- Enter the new password in the Management Password field.
- Re-enter the new password in the Re-enter Management Password field.
- Tap Save. The SURFboard pop-up prompt will appear.
- At the SURFboard pop-up prompt, tap on OK. The password change will take effect immediately.