In some cases, it maybe preferred to use the IP address scheme that is previously used in the home network. The home network’s addressing scheme can be changed by changing the IP Address and DHCP range in the SVG2482AC. The SVG2482AC’s IP address is used for accessing the Web Manager and the DHCP range is a range of IP addresses the SVG2482AC distribute to the clients in the home network. By the default the SVG2482AC’s IP address is 10.0.0.1 and it hands out IP addresses between 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.253 to the clients in the home network. This document describers how to change the SVG2482AC’s IP address.
CAUTION: Changing the IP Address requires the SVG2482AC to restart which may temporary interrupt the Internet and Voice services. There may be a delay for the clients to regain Internet access. After the changes take effect, the new IP address is used to access the Web Manager of the SVG2482AC.
To Change the SVG2482AC's IP Address
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://10.0.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field then click the Login button. The Gateway > At a Glance page will appear.
NOTE: A prompt to change the password appears when the SVG2482AC is using the default password. To change the password click the OK button or click the Cancel button to bypass it.
- On the left-hand menu click the Connection link. The Gateway > Connection page will appear.
- Click the Local IP Network sub-menu link. The Gateway > Connection > Local IP Configuration page will appear.
- Enter the desired IP address for the home network (also the IP address used to login to the Web Manager) in the Gateway Address field. In this example, 192.168.8.1 is used.
NOTE: The home network IP address used must be a private IP address (within one of the following ranges):
172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x
- Leave the Subnet Mask field at default (255.255.255.0) or click the drop-down menu, and select the desired setting.
- Enter the first IP address of the desired DHCP range in the DHCP Beginning Address field.
- Enter the last IP address of the desired DHCP range in the DHCP Ending Address field.
- Leave at default (1 Weeks) for the DHCP Lease Time field, or enter the desired time duration that a device will retain an IP address.
- Click the Save Settings button. A pop-up window will appear.
- On the pop-up window, click the OK button. The SVG2482AC will restart, which may temporary interrupt the Internet and Voice services. There may be a delay for the clients to regain Internet access.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter the new IP address into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear. In this example the new IP address used is http://192.168.8.1 to login to the Web Manager.