When installing the SVG2482AC for the first time, it is required to activate the SVG2482AC for Internet access. This document contains the follow sections:
Prior to Installation
- Establish cable service with Comcast by contacting 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489).
- Check that the following items were included with the SVG2482AC Wireless Voice Gateway.
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- Software License & Warranty Card
- Support Information Card
- Quick Start Guide
- Locate the required information to activate XFINITY Internet service.
NOTE: The Comcast account number can be found on the billing statement, the Comcast app or the work order for the service. Comcast account login credentials if it's previously created.
- Comcast Account Number
- Phone Number
- Connect a coax cable by hand tightening the connector to a cable wall outlet or a splitter and to the cable connector on the back of the SVG2482AC.
- Connect a telephone cord of a single or two-line telephone to the telephone and to the Tel 1 port on the back of the SVG2482AC.
NOTE: Use the Tel 1 port to connect a two-line telephone. Contact Xfinity Consumer Support to activate the VoIP service.
- When adding a second telephone, connect a telephone cord of a single-line telephone to the telephone and to the Tel 2 port on the back of the SVG2482AC.
- Connect the included Ethernet cable to a computer and connect the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of the SVG2482AC.
NOTE: Direct wired connection to the SVG2482AC is recommended for first time activation process. If the wired connection is not available, connect a wireless client to the default Wi-Fi settings located on the side of the SVG2482AC.
- Connect the included power cord to the port port on the back of the SVG2482AC and to an electrical wall outlet that is not controlled by a wall switch.
- Allow the SVG2482AC to power on and perform it's boot sequence. The SVG2482AC may reboot a few times during this process.
NOTE: The SVG2482AC can take up to 10 minutes to complete the boot sequence.
- Activation can occur when there is a solid bright white Online LED on the SVG2482AC.
NOTE: If activation is unsuccessful, contact Xfinity customer support for further assistance and provide the following information:
- Modem Manufacturer
- Model Number
- Serial Number
- HFC MAC Address
- EMTA MAC Address (applicable for voice service)
- Launch a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari. Enter register.xfinity.com and press the Enter key to access the XFINITY Activation page.
- On the Welcome to XFINITY Activation page, click the Continue button.
- On the First, we need to authenticate your account page, enter the Comcast Account Number in the Account number field.
- Enter phone number associated with the Comcast account in the Phone number field, then click the Continue button.
NOTE: The Continue button changes to "Please Wait" while it directs to the next page.
- On the Set Up your username and password page, enter a username in the Username field.
NOTE: If an previous account was created click the Sign in with your existing username link to proceed with the activation steps.
- Enter a password in the Password field.
- Reenter the password in the Confirm password field.
- Click the Choose security question drop-down menu to select a security question.
- Enter an answer for the security question selected in the Answer security question field, then click the Continue button.
- On the Your account had been created page, review the username and email address, then click the Continue button.
- On the Connection established! You're almost done page, if desired to optimized the experience with XFINITY.com as the browser Home Page, check mark the box. Otherwise click the Continue button.
- The Your device is activated page will appear. The SVG2482AC will restart and may take up to 15 minutes to complete the boot-up sequence. Once the SVG2482AC front panel 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz LEDs are flashing open another browser to start the service.
- Following the successful activation, the web browser will be redirected for Wi-Fi personalization. The Wi-Fi credentials must be personalized before Internet access is allowed.
NOTE: If it does not redirect, open a web browser and type any HTTP URL.
- On the Welcome page, click the Let's Get Set Up button. The Create Your Wi-Fi Name and Password page will appear.
- On the Create Your Wi-Fi Name and Password page, enter the desired name in Wi-Fi Name field.
- Enter the desired password in the Wi-Fi Password field.
NOTE 1: The default Network Name (SSID) and Password cannot be used.
NOTE 2: If desired to have separate Wi-Fi names and passwords for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks, click the Show More Settings link to customize.
- Click the Next button. The Confirm Wi-Fi Settings page will appear.
- On the Confirm Wi-Fi Setting page, review the Wi-Fi Name and Password. Then click Next button to proceed.
NOTE: Click Previous Step link to modify the Wi-Fi Name and Password.
- The Your Wi-Fi is Nearly Complete page will appear and is configuring the Wi-Fi settings.
- Once the Wi-Fi is configured the Your Wi-Fi is Ready page will appear.
- Reconnect the client device using the new Wi-Fi credentials.
- Record the new Wi-Fi SSID and password under the Network Access Information section of the Quick Start Guide.