When installing the T25 for the first time, it is required to activate the Modem for Internet access. This document contains the following sections:
Prior to Installation
NOTE: The Comcast account number can be found on the billing statement, the Comcast app or the work order for the service. Comcast account login credentials if it's previously created.
- Check that the following items were included with the T25 Cable Modem.
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Software License & Warranty Card
- Support Information Card
- Turn off and unplug all existing routers and modems.
- Establish cable service with Comcast by contacting 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489).
- Locate the required information to activate XFINITY Internet service.
- Comcast Account Number
- Phone Number
- Connect the coaxial cable (not included) from the cable wall outlet or RF splitter to the Cable connector on the rear of the T25. Tighten the connector by hand.
- Connect a telephone cable to the TEL LINE port on the phone and to the Tel1 port on the rear of the T25.
NOTE: Contact Xfinity Consumer Support to activate the VoIP service.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the rear of the T25 and the Ethernet port on the Wi-Fi router, PC, or laptop.
- Connect the power cord to the Power port of the rear of the T25, then plug it into an electrical wall outlet that is not controlled by a wall switch.
NOTE: The T25 automatically powers ON when the power cord is connected.
- Check the front panel LEDs on the T25. After a brief pause the Power, US/DS, and Online LEDs should light up SOLID white.
|LED Icon||Blinking||On (Solid White)|
|Not applicable; LED does not blink.||AC power is properly connected to the cable modem.|
|Scanning for upstream (send data) and downstream (receive data) channel connection.||Upstream and downstream channels are connected.|
|Scanning for an Internet connection.||Cable modem is connected to the network.|
|Telephone Line 1 is either off-hook or a call is in progress.||Telephone service for Line 1 is connected and activated; on-hook.|
|Telephone Line 2 is either|
off-hook or a call is in progress.
|Telephone service for Line 2 is connected and activated; on-hook.|
- The Modem is activated when the Online LED is solid white.
NOTE: If activation is unsuccessful, contact Xfinity customer support for further assistance and provide the following information:
- Modem Manufacturer
- Model Number
- Serial Number
- HFC MAC ID
- MTA MAC ID (applicable for voice service)
- On your mobile device, download the Xfinity app from the App store or on Google Play. If you already have the Xfinity app, make sure to update to the latest version.
- Open the app and sign in with your Xfinity ID.
- Follow the steps to get online.
- The front LEDs will be solid when it has reached this state. The modem may reboot a few times during the activation process, which is normal.
- Activation is complete when there is solid white Internet LED. It may take up to 10 minutes before you can connect to the Internet.
- Test the Internet connection by rebooting the computer and browse to https://www.surfboard.com.