When installing the TM822G/CT & TM822R for the first time, it is required to activate the TM822G/CT & TM822R for Internet access. This document contains the follow sections:
Prior to Installation
- Establish cable service with Comcast by contacting 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489).
- Check that the following items were included with the TM822G/CT & TM822R Wireless Voice Gateway.
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- Battery (sold separately for TM822R)
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall-Mounting Template and Instructions
- Software License & Warranty Card
- Support Information Card
- Locate the required information to activate XFINITY Internet service.
NOTE: The Comcast account number can be found on the billing statement, the Comcast app or the work order for the service. Comcast account login credentials if it's previously created.
- Comcast Account Number
- Phone Number
- Connect a coax cable by hand tightening the connector to a cable wall outlet or a splitter and to the cable connector on the back of the TM822G/CT & TM822R.
- Connect a telephone cord of a single or two-line telephone to the telephone and to the Tel 1 port on the back of the TM822G/CT & TM822R.
NOTE: Use the Tel 1 port to connect a two-line telephone. Contact Xfinity Consumer Support to activate the VoIP service.
- When adding a second telephone, connect a telephone cord of a single-line telephone to the telephone and to the Tel 2 port on the back of the TM822G/CT & TM822R.
- Connect the included Ethernet cable to a computer and connect the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of the TM822G/CT & TM822R.
NOTE: Direct wired connection to the TM822G/CT & TM822R is recommended for first time activation process. Connecting a Wi-Fi router to the TM822 is recommended when a wired connection is not available or when there are multiple client devices in the home network.
- Connect the included power cord to the port port on the back of the TM822G/CT & TM822R and to an electrical wall outlet that is not controlled by a wall switch.
- Allow the TM822G/CT & TM822R to power on and perform it's boot sequence. The TM822G/CT & TM822R may reboot a few times during this process.
NOTE: The TM822G/CT & TM822R can take up to 15 minutes to complete the boot-up sequence and connect to the Internet.
- Activation can occur when there is a solid green Online LED on the TM822G/CT & TM822R.
NOTE: If activation is unsuccessful, contact Xfinity customer support for further assistance and provide the following information:
- Modem Manufacturer
- Model Number
- Serial Number
- CMAC Address
- EMAC Address (applicable for voice service)
- Launch a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari. Enter register.xfinity.com and press the Enter key to access the XFINITY Activation page.
- On the Welcome to XFINITY Activation page, click the Continue button.
- On the First, we need to authenticate your account page, enter the Comcast Account Number in the Account number field.
- Enter phone number associated with the Comcast account in the Phone number field, then click the Continue button.
NOTE: The Continue button changes to "Please Wait" while it directs to the next page.
- On the Set Up your username and password page, enter a username in the Username field.
NOTE: If an previous account was created click the Sign in with your existing username link to proceed with the activation steps.
- Enter a password in the Password field.
- Reenter the password in the Confirm password field.
- Click the Choose security question drop-down menu to select a security question.
- Enter an answer for the security question selected in the Answer security question field, then click the Continue button.
- On the Your account had been created page, review the username and email address, then click the Continue button.
- On the Connection established! You're almost done page, if desired to optimized the experience with XFINITY.com as the browser Home Page, check mark the box. Otherwise click the Continue button.
- The Your device is activated page will appear. The TM822G/CT & TM822R will restart and may take up to 15 minutes to complete the boot-up sequence and connect to the Internet.